*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052925-Saturdaze
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1052925 added July 22, 2023 at 12:51pm
Restrictions: None
Saturdaze!
Hah, I didn't sleep well Thursday night. I ran out of one of my meds which I was unprepared for. The pharmacy reported the doctor didn't approve. I called the doc yesterday first thing...but it never did get called in so I'm stuck for the weekend. Last time I got stuck on a weekend, I never went back to the doctor, opting to change. I'll have to see where the disconnect is. I've been with this doctor for a long time....but have been disenchanted lately. Time will tell.

My friend took the binders of his slides that I've been scanning, went through and culled out the ones he wasn't interested in. The count went from over 2 thousand to only 400...but, then he found 2 thousand more. So, I'm now back to scanning more today. It's not as hot today but I'm caught up on the yard work, at least for a day or two. Sitting inside scanning in the air conditioning is okay with me.

An added benefit is I can also be doing this blog while doing the scanning. Rudimentary multi-tasking.

I go to breakfast with a few friends on Saturday mornings but almost didn't make it today. At 6 this morning it was just daylight, the sun wasn't up. No wind and a good temperature....I almost got back out of the truck and hopped on the bicycle. I've taken a few days off, this supposed case of bronchitis and the uncontrolled fits of coughing, I figured I'd give my lungs a rest for a few days. 4 days of rest, tomorrow is going to be a 10 mile day. I'm already looking at my route, there will be no way to shortcut it. If the body wants to say stop, it isn't going to happen unless I want to lay down in middle of the road. Of course, I might just collapse on the spot but I'll push the button on my monitor and they'll summon the medics (at least in theory).

20 slides down, this next page isn't filled...so I'll have 2 of 21 done in about an hour. I'll have to see if I can do three pages. Since this page isn't filled, it means a few over 50 slides....and about 390 to go. I think I'll be able to stay out of trouble for a little bit.

Until next time...

Tim



© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052925-Saturdaze