*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052881-A-Rose-in-the-Desert
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1052881 added July 21, 2023 at 11:16am
Restrictions: None
A Rose in the Desert
“A rose in a desert can only survive on its strength, not its beauty.” - Matshona Dhliwayo
Let this quote inspire your entry today.

---------

It looks like it's story time for me. *Laugh* As bizarre and freaky my stories may sound...But I'll only embellish on this saying.


In the vast expanse of the scorching desert, a solitary rose stood in contrast against the harsh elements, with her petals of delicate crimson, the color of passion and determination. But the winds howled and sun beat down on her so strongly that it became evident to her that her survival depended on her inner strength, not her beauty.

Without any lush oasis to draw nourishment from or any friends to offer support, she had to rely solely on her own resources that she sensed she had within her. So she let her roots penetrate into the parched sand, searching for any trace of water. Through her sheer determination, she was successful, but this wasn't all.

Each day brought new challenges, such as the intense heat threatening to wilt its tender petals, with the sandstorms threatening to strip her bare. But the rose stood, adapted, and endured.

In a short time, her stems grew stronger, her thorns sharper, and her ability to conserve water increased. Yet, she still kept her delicate appearance, despite her indomitable spirit, and her beauty became more captivating as it reflected her strength within.

The travelers who passed by her, marveled at her beauty, and since they themselves had to deal with the harsh conditions of the desert, they came to understand that her allure was only the façade, and the inner strength and resilience was what truly sustained her. So they told her story, her tale of fortitude, wherever they traveled, and that tale has been proving to this day, that the strength of character can transform even the most fragile of beings into a symbol of hope and inspiration.

.


© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052881-A-Rose-in-the-Desert