*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052916-Companies-and-Retirees
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1052916 added July 22, 2023 at 9:48am
Restrictions: None
Companies and Retirees
Let these words inspire your writing today: determine, retire, vision, struggle, midnight, company, influence, and retiree.

----------------

The transition into retirement can be a tough one for some employees, as it was very difficult for my husband, but he got over it by working for a couple of half-time companies that provided him with odd jobs all over the US until he was 81. That was when I asked him to stop because I didn't like that his health was deteriorating. Speaking for myself, I never worked for any company. I worked solo as I was doing translations and some academic work.

Aside from our personal data, a retiree's experience during their golden years may be shaped and determined by the company they worked for, the support and influence they received, and the hopes they had for their retirement. A company can influence the retirement experience, the struggles faced by retirees, and the importance of fostering a positive retirement vision.

If the company was one that didn't provide well for the retirement of its employees, in addition to emotional struggles, financial ones add on to the unhappiness of the retiree. On the other hand, such situations, similar to some midnight bad dreams, can be avoided. A company can support their employees with retirement planning seminars, offer resources for pursuing hobbies and interests, and create connection between retiree communities.

In conclusion, ensuring a positive retirement for their employees is what makes a successful company rewarding to work for, also. After all, who wouldn't want to work for a company that thinks about the well-being of its employees, at work and when they retire, afterwards?


.


© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052916-Companies-and-Retirees