*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053014-OCR-Update
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1053014 added July 24, 2023 at 11:11pm
Restrictions: None
OCR Update
OCR Update


It has been a very typical first day off from work aka a Monday. From very early this morning my brother and I have been busy doing things that needed to be done today. As a result, we didn’t finish with these things until almost the end of the day. What does that mean for my writing? It means that I didn’t have too much time to devote to my writing.

Normally, no time for writing had to do with the short stories that I’m working on this month. Unfortunately, I don’t have any short stories to write. The one this month for the WDC Short Story contest isn’t a Short Story this month. It’s poetry, and I’m not very good when it comes to poetry. In fact, I’m terrible at it. What few poems I have written so far.

The second contest I have been participating in for some time now didn’t have a prompt this month either. That’s two months in a row there hasn’t been a prompt. At least I haven’t seen one. I’m starting to think I’m being left out of this contest. I wouldn’t be surprised about that. After all, it has been that way with all the contests that A E Willcox is the host of.

It’s been about five years since he banned me from their contests. Why have they done this? It is because I don’t write like everyone else does. Because I claim what I write is the truth. Whether he agrees with that or not, I shouldn’t be banned from any contest because of it. I can’t even contact him to find out what I need to do to get back on these contests.

I’m starting to think the same thing is happening again with the contests I have been entering lately. It’s starting to look like I have been banned from these contests without being banned officially like what A E Willcox has done. If that’s true, there has been a prompt in the last couple of months. Only I didn’t get it. How can that be done?

It is very simple. Instead of posting the new Prompt to their contests, they do it individually with the writers they want to be in their contests. I hope that’s not what’s happening again, but it’s starting to look like that is what is happening. At least with this one, I can email them about it. If I’m not right about this, then maybe I can’t email them too.

That’s enough of my ranting and raving. Now for some good news. I found my Scanner and finally my External Drive. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like my External Drive is going to help me with my handwriting problem. After all, I had to use the Epson website to get the software and utilities to set up my scanner on my laptop. I found it where my Printer was. Only it was somewhat hidden.

I haven’t had too much time to read up on how to use it. If I can use it for my handwriting problem, but from what I have read so far it looks like I may be able to do it with my Scanner too. In fact, it looks like my Scanner may be better than my Printer. The next couple of days aka my days off from work, I will continue checking out both my Scanner and my Printer.









© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053014-OCR-Update