*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052980-Should-Have-Done-It
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1052980 added July 23, 2023 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
Should Have Done It
Should Have Done It


Earlier today at work wasn’t going too bad, but it wasn’t going too well either. That’s the good news. The bad news is that it got worse instead of better. What does this have to do with my writing? It has everything to do with it. It’s the reason why I didn’t get Part Two, “Their Next Destinations,” done by the end of my shift. Even though I should have been able to do it.

Toward the middle of my shift today at work I was starting to wonder if I would get Part Two of the Movie Introduction for my Water Wars scriptwriting project done today. That’s because I wasn’t done with the single-sentence Scene Outline, and it looked like I wasn’t going to get it done until about the first hour into the second half of my shift. If I was lucky to do that.

I was hoping to get my single-sentence Scene Outline done for this Part in about four and a half hours. That included my first rounds, my hourly camera watching, and my paperwork for this job. Unfortunately, I didn’t do that. It took me about another half hour to do it. So, instead of four and a half hours, it took me about five hours to do it. That’s not too bad thinking about it.

Once I got that done, I started working on my single-sentence Story Outline for this Part. It was going very well. I was starting to think I could get this Part done today after all. That’s when it happened. Something I wasn’t expecting to happen at work today happened. That’s not the worst of it, though. It’s what happened after this that caused me so many problems.

While I was on my third round, I was called to let someone out of where I work. I was expecting that because of what was happening there unexpectedly. What I wasn’t expecting was what this individual did. They forced their way out of the building. As a result, I couldn’t close the open doors there with my fob. I had to close the inner doors to keep the bugs, insects, etc. out.

I also had to get up each time to let anyone else who wanted to leave out too. Even though I didn’t look it like I do when I’m away from my desk aka I’m on a round, I still had to get up to do it. Luckily, there weren’t a lot of individuals still there to be let out, but there were a few. Something I didn’t want to do, but I did it anyway because I didn’t want to let the pests in there.

It wasn’t just having to get up, though. I also had to call maintenance to come in to fix the doors. They weren’t too happy about that at all. True, they said it wasn’t my fault, but I’m probably still going to get the blame for it. It depends on how bad the blame is whether I still have a job there or not. I may not know that until I return to work Wednesday at midnight.

What does all this have to do with my writing? It has a lot to do with it. I would have gotten Part Two finished today if all this hadn’t happened, but it did. As a result, I still got most of my Act Breakdown left to finish on this Part. That’s about thirty-six more single sentences to write. Looking at it like this, it doesn’t look too bad. It’s not good, but it’s not bad either.





© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1052980-Should-Have-Done-It