*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053313-A-late-start
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1053313 added July 29, 2023 at 7:16pm
Restrictions: None
A late start!
Getting a late start....


Breakfast this morning and then I spent most of the day scanning slides for my friend. I finally finished, over a thousand slides total, most from back in the mid-90s. And a mix of subjects, a lot of nature with snow, fast water and some just landscape, then a bunch of boudoir. This guy got started with his own studio and was doing a lot of weddings, then a young lady asked about boudoir...he had no experience but she was willing to work with him as a model and it didn't take long for him to become the "go to" guy for boudoir. Subsequently, he was able to get out of the wedding end of the business. But, that was many years ago...now he's trying to learn all that he has forgotten and he has a penchant for old buildings...around here, those are extremely rare.


The weather people were hyping all week how terribly hot it was going to be today...and much like their doom and gloom snow forecasts, it didn't come to pass. The high temperature and the heat index were both 10 degrees lower than they had forecast. Imagine that, the weather people were wrong again.


Now that I am complete with the slide scanning, I've decided to focus on getting my extremely cluttered room back into some semblance of order. That will be a massive undertaking but, it needs to be done. And I should have some time to go out with my camera. I have some assignments I need to do for one of the online courses I'm taking. Hopefully I can get those knocked out in the coming week. My wife is going on vacation to Ireland towards the end of the week and I need a backlit photo of her...so far the sun hasn't really been cooperating and the Canadian smoke hasn't helped any either. Currently our air is the cleanest it has been in a while and it looks like the sun might cooperate tonight. I'd like to get that shot done with.


I received a book a few days ago which is a better guide to my camera. These latest cameras are extremely complex and I am amazed at how much computing power is in them, and fast. However, that also comes with an extremely steep learning curve. Of course, the downloadable manual does have all the information in it but, it has to be one of the most disorganized guides there is. The book is in more of a logical order and the index doesn't have you playing hopscotch going from one section to another.


Meanwhile, I am still watching this series on Netflix but I think it may be coming to an end. I hope so, I'm finally getting wore out with the same theme episode after episode...the only redeeming feature is there are many "hooks" that have been put in place and they are finally starting to come together. Maybe I will finish it tonight. Finishing the slides and the series could be a double whammy.


I think that is it for today. While I was scanning the last of the slides I managed to contact a guy in Ireland on my ham radio. That was a first. Meanwhile, I need to go take a quick look at the sun, still an hour before it sets but I can see if it is going to cooperate for me.

Tim

© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053313-A-late-start