*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053215-A-Great-Fridays-Musings
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1053215 added July 28, 2023 at 10:03am
Restrictions: None
A Great Friday's Musings!
TGIF! A common expression which I have found to be of little value since retirement. The days all seem to blend from one to the next. After I started going to breakfast with friends twice a week, it's pretty much a blur of days broken up by a day out and it seems to make the time pass even faster. Time is a strange concept....the week that seemed to last forever while working at a job now seems to just be a blur. Not many days ago it was New year's Day, now it is almost August (as fast at the time seems to fly, it may be August by the time I finish typing this paragraph).

It was hot and muggy this morning, our air quality still leaves a bit to be desired so I decided to give my lungs another day of rest from the heavy breathing that goes with my bicycling. Tomorrow is breakfast day again so that will be another day off. My bronchitis appears to have finally ran it's course and I'm glad of that.

I'm down to 160 slides to yet be scanned for my friend, the total will be over a thousand when I'm complete. Considering it takes about an hour for my process to scan 16 slides, that's many hours I've devoted to the project. Once done, I do have some prints taken way back in the late 70's from when I was stationed in Guam. Many pictures of sunsets and storm clouds taken with an inexpensive "point and shoot" camera using 110 film. I sure wish I had the equipment and knowledge back then that I have now but it is what it is. Several of the photos I'm quite happy with and would like to scan and post them on social media.

I have plenty of packages of prints taken from over the years. Many are from my early days with an SLR. Unfortunately, I was always in "auto" mode because I didn't understand the manual settings. In reality, it has only been in the past year that I have learned all about the aperture/shutter/iso triangle involved in capturing an image. When I was still shooting film, ISO was determined by the film you had, now with the digital age upon us, that is an additional control one has...or can be confused by if you don't understand the relationships involved. I do tend to shoot with "auto" ISO much of the time. This allows me to control dept of field with the aperture and stopping action (for moving objects) with shutter speed while letting the camera decide how much amplification of light. It is amazing at how much computing power is in the current models of cameras and how fast it all works.

Time to go now, more slides to be done and I need to move the sprinkler on the grass. No appreciable rain and the grass is crying for moisture.

I hope you all have a good day!

Tim

© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053215-A-Great-Fridays-Musings