*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053491-Expensive
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1053491 added August 2, 2023 at 11:04am
Restrictions: None
Expensive
Prompt: What was the last expensive thing you bought for yourself and what was the reason?

-----------

This prompt made me laugh. The last expensive thing I bought for myself is insurance for my car. Did you know once you hit 80 years in age, everything doubles up in price and the insurance amount they agree to pay is half of what has been, even if you have a perfect driving record? Shouldn't it be the other way around? What happened to taking care of the elderly?

Since treating oneself to gifts can be a delightful way to indulge in personal desires, I might splurge on a few things, but I need nothing at this point in my life. To begin with I am not an object person.

Then, most of what I need or want I already have it. Except of course, my cat's health, which today, she isn't doing well and we have an appointment with her vet in the afternoon.

I am not into exotic vacations as I have already traveled a lot. Neither am I into high-end jewelry since I can't even bring myself to wear what I already have except for a couple of rings that have meaning for me.

Wardrobe is out also. I only wear what I'm comfortable with. I don't like spa treatments and the walls in the house already have enough art hanging on them. As to technology, I already have a new laptop I bought a few months ago, on which I'm writing this entry.

I think the key to indulging in expensive gifts has to align with one's passions and interests. My passions and interests just don't depend on material objects. Come to think of it, a nice cup of tea with a good book always does it for me.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053491-Expensive