*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053428-Joys-Chronoport
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1053428 added August 1, 2023 at 12:28pm
Restrictions: None
Joy's Chronoport
Prompt: A teleportation device
What if you were to come across a teleportation device and you were given free use of it, where would you go and what would you explore, in this world or elsewhere or in this time or in the past or future?


------

Well, the truth is I would be scared to set foot out of this earth; however, just only as an observer, I wouldn't mind seeing its past or future places. I guess I can easily name my teleportation device as Joy's Chronoport.

Since this chronoport was developed by a team of brilliant scientists and engineers, I have no fears in exploring ancient and future civilizations when I step in its portal. My chronoport operates on the principles of quantum entanglement and space-time manipulation, offering a safe and seamless experience for me. So why should I fear anything?

Still, my heart is beating fast. Let's see what I and my chronoport can do. Here it is! I have activated it and its interface shows me a dazzling array of destinations from history and the future. Now, how should I choose?

Oh, look at that! It gave me a virtual tour guide, too. I wonder what useful information it will offer me.

Ahha! Here we are in the Lost City of Atlantis. Although I know it is, at present, under the depths of the ocean, I am right now marveling at its towering spires, advanced technology, and its enlightened society that thrives in harmony with nature. How nice the population and the people are! No wars, almost no crime, and those that step the wrong way are only taught to do things right. How I wish we humans could do that again!

Ooops! I clicked on something out of my excitement over Atlantis. I think I am in a Martian colony. Weren't we the ones who wanted to colonize the planet Mars? I think the fates have turned this, the other way. It is the Martians who are colonizing us!

These Martians have already built their floating cities over our cities. The one over New York redefines what New York was with its flying cars and virtual realms and thought markets. What they did is beyond the boundaries of human existence or imagination. These Martians have harnessed the black hole energy and they have set up research stations orbiting distant stars. My guide tells me earthly humans now are their slaves that do the menial jobs. She says, "It's only fair. Your kind did the same to those populations that you took over."

I have the foggy wish to visit The Great Pyramid of Giza and the Egyptians of its time, after this. But I think my guide will carp again about us using slaves for building things. So, I am deciding that The Great Pyramid of Giza can wait.

What should be for another time and place, I am not sure yet. Now that I have a personal chronoport, I can visit anywhere anytime. All those journeys to the past and the future are waiting for me. I don't know whether to rejoice or get scared over this kind of a travel idea. Let's see what my future holds!


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053428-Joys-Chronoport