*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053613-July-2023-Watch-List
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1053613 added August 4, 2023 at 1:30am
Restrictions: None
July 2023 Watch List
To qualify for my Watch List every month, the following has to be something that I've watched that's new to me. It doesn't necessarily have to be a current show, but it can't be reruns or rewatches of something I've already seen. So if I'm including it in this list, it means this month is the first time I've watched it. I'll put "DNF" (Did Not Finish) next to anything that I stopped watching and have no immediate plans to finish.


Movies

         *Bullet* Barbie
         *Bullet* Bumblebee
         *Bullet* Extraction 2
         *Bullet* John Wick: Chapter 4
         *Bullet* Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1
         *Bullet* Puss in Boots: The Last Wish


Television

         *Bullet* The Bear (Season 2)
         *Bullet* Hoarders (Season 13)
         *Bullet* Yellowstone (Season 3)


This month I finally caught some movies I've been meaning to see (Extraction 2 and John Wick: Chapter 4, specifically), and both were decent but not great. Barbie was a really interesting and different kind of movie; I wasn't quite sure what to expect going into it, and I thought it worked for the most part. I really like Greta Gerwig as a writer/director and always think she has a unique perspective on ideas. This was certainly no exception. Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1 was really enjoyable; this remains probably my favorite current action movie franchise (Marvel Cinematic Universe notwithstanding, of course *Wink* ).

As I mentioned in "Inspired by Hoarders, I watched a recent season of Hoarders to get me in a "spring (okay, summer) cleaning" mood and it certainly did the trick. Yellowstone has been a show that I've loved up until this point, but this season just wasn't doing it for me and I'm not really in any rush to watch the next season anytime soon. The second season of The Bear, on the other hand, was fantastic. It's not a perfect show, and some of the episodes were just hard to watch ("Fishes" actually gave me anxiety watching it), but "Forks" was maybe one of the best episodes of television I've seen all year. It's a really impressive show that's worth watching.


TOP PICK: The Bear (Season 2)


© Copyright 2023 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053613-July-2023-Watch-List