*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053626-Her-agenda
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1891402
Miscellany
#1053626 added August 9, 2023 at 9:51am
Restrictions: None
Her agenda

Meera stood for State Assembly election, contesting for the position of MLA from her province.

She was just a Metric pass. But her zeal to reform her society was enormous. Some laughed at the idea of a woman contestant. "How is it possible?" some wondered.

Let me show how it is possible, she thought. Don't underestimate a woman's power, said the women of the province. Meera's agenda was discussed by them all. The highlighted item on the list was to get rid of alcohol in the state. Close down liquor shops.

Meera addressed the women in various localities, explaining her purpose behind contesting for the post of an MLA.  Most of them suffered from drunk and abusive husbands. Meera had a remedy ready to treat such malaise spread in the district.

Men made fun of her drive to abolish selling alcohol.

She got elected as expected. Now came the time to implement her idea in life. She told the leaders what to do.

The drunks could get neither food nor the soft company of their women, when they returned home. Women were committed to reform them. It was successful.

A week later, there were no liquor shops in the district.


Dropnote
© Copyright 2023 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053626-Her-agenda