*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053636-Recipe
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1053636 added August 4, 2023 at 12:28pm
Restrictions: None
Recipe
Until ~SilverMoon~ reviewed our Sunday Social I had forgotten we had the forum in our group with all kinds of recipes to share. Do you have a special recipe that's given you immense joy sharing with others? Would you consider sharing it on the Sunday Social forum? I've included the link.
"Blog City Sunday Social Book
Or if you'd rather talk about something you've enjoyed eating with friends.


----------

Here is a recipe I like for lentil bread. You can also substitute chick peas or beans for lentils. If you use chick peas or beans, they'll need to be precooked. Canned pre-cooked garbanzos (chick peas) or beans will make the work easier. *Wink*
I don't usually measure very strictly as I am not a chef but I put up here some approximate measures in the recipe. So, use your own judgment. It makes a lot of bread. The last batch I made I froze most of it, as it freezes well. You can cut the bread in pieces and wrap each piece separately in wax paper then put the whole thing in a plastic bag to freeze. Otherwise, I keep it in the fridge.

Lentil Bread

1 12 oz. package of lentils soaked overnight
dill or oregano (as much or as little as you like. I use about a couple of teaspoons)
any cheese you like (Feta works well, but any cheese will do to give it a lift. Or you can just omit the cheese.)
yogurt, about half a cup.
flour 1/2 cup
water 2-3 ounces
1 egg
baking powder 1 teaspoon
yeast about 1 teaspoon
sugar 1 1/2 teaspoon to ferment the yeast
A pinch or two of salt
Olive oil about 3 oz.

In a bowl or cup, put the yeast and sugar and add the water.
While the yeast is fermenting, drain the lentils and puree them in the food processor.

In a large bowl, add the fermented yeast, flour, olive oil, egg, and salt to the pureed lentils. Mix. Then, add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and let it rest about half an hour to an hour.

At this stage, you can add other ingredients if you wish to make the bread look better and richer. I usually add finely chopped red and green peppers, olives, scallions, garlic, and/or mushrooms. All or some of them. You can even add chopped hard-boiled eggs. Then, give it another stir.

Grease the pan or pans and add in the bread mixture. If you wish, you may sprinkle sesame seeds on top of it.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree-oven for about 35-40 minutes.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053636-Recipe