*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053687-August-Rains
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1053687 added August 5, 2023 at 3:30pm
Restrictions: None
August Rains
Prompt:
“August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time.” – Slyvia Plath
“The rains of summer’s end were very like tears, falling warm and gradually chilling where they fell." – Lael Wertenbaker
“What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.”
– John Steinbeck
Let one of these quotes inspire your entry today.

-------------

Soothing rhythm and gentle patter...Such a mystical way of echoing our emotions!

I guess it is because summer will turn into autumn soon. And I can't wait because it's still sooo hot, this year!

As to the connection between August rains and human emotions i.e. tears, or innermost feelings, they both serve as a reminder of our humanity, as they try to connect us to nature's rhythms and the transformational experiences of life.

Human tears, just like rains cleansing the earth, do the same for our burden of emotions. As to my own burden of emotions, my tears are usually held inside because, at some point in my life I must have decided not to let them fall.

Still, for most people, tears may have many different reasons to fall, while I wonder if the sky does cry over our silly stupid human ways; the ways how we cannot hold ourselves back from fights and wars and how we make small things huge, and not in measurable proportions either.

That they both cleanse something or other may be a fact, but is their falling in watery drops, gentle or fierce, limited to their cleansing aspect? Maybe they heal our hearts, too. How I wish they could heal our human ways so we could become more humane!


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053687-August-Rains