*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053640-AndreAugustus-WC-273-Rated-E
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1053640 added August 4, 2023 at 1:43pm
Restrictions: None
Andre/Augustus (WC 273 Rated E)
What does Andre and Caesar Augustus have in similarities? Well, for one, Augustus founded the Roman Empire and Andre founded the Banana Bar. Also, Augustus was the first emperor and Andre was the first bartender. So, they do share some firsts.

Also, the term Caesar was used as a nickname before it became a family name. Apparently, Julius had a lot of hair, so he was nicknamed hairy (Caesar). In Roman tradition, this became part of his name. I don’t know much about it, but I gained this information from a person who held a doctorate in some of the ancient languages, including Latin and Greek, and who also extensively studied Roman culture. If this tidbit of information is true, then Andre, being quite hairy, is also a Caesar. I also read that Augustus was particularly good-looking, as is Andre, in a primate sort of way.

I had to do a bit of research and found he was born Gaius Octavius and was also known as Octavian, Gaius Octavius, Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus, and finally as Ceasar Augustus, but I digress as I don’t know of any other names Andre goes by. Augustus, with unlimited patience, skill, and efficiency overhauled every aspect of Roman life and brought durable peace and prosperity to the Greco-Roman world.

Andre, however, lacks patience, skill, and efficiency. Even so, he shares with Augustus the fact that he (with the help of the staff) has overhauled the Banana Bar, changing every aspect of the failed business it was and bringing peace and prosperity to the bar.


A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053640-AndreAugustus-WC-273-Rated-E