*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054952-Free-Write-Friday
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1054952 added September 1, 2023 at 1:03pm
Restrictions: None
Free Write Friday
Set a timer for 10-15 minutes and write whatever comes to mind without stopping or editing.

I had some running to do this morning. One item I needed to take care of was new license stickers for one vehicle and new plates for the pickup. I lost the front one driving through a field (Don't ask). Everything went great since I had gotten there early I didn't have to wait in line and was soon back home.

But when I went to put the new plates on I saw that the paperwork was for the other vehicle. So, I ran back and talked to them,, got it straightened out, got the proper paperwork to keep in the truck, and headed to another town where we purchased fresh meat. It's a butcher shop and locker plant and the meats are always fresh and good.

But, the shelves were just about empty. It's a three day, holiday weekend and I live in an area that is well-liked by terrorists tourists. It seems they started showing up early and had emptied the shelves. They did have more available, but the items I wanted were cured, smoked, and take time, so I was out of luck. I did get a few things so it wouldn't be a wasted trip.

I returned home, let the dogs out to do their business, and then went to put the new plates on the pickup. I double-checked the paperwork and it was now correct, but the new plates have stickers declaring they expire in August, but my registration period expires in November. The person had put the wrong stickers on the plates.

I am not going to run back in a third time! My wife gets done with work at three this afternoon and drives right past them, so hopefully she can get the right month stickers, but without the paperwork, they may not give them to her. I don't blame them, we all make mistakes, but I think the state of Minnesota needs to put in a coffee machine for them. I know I would have likely caught the mistake myself had I indulged in adequate amounts of that hot, delightful, and caffeine-loaded, drink. But I had not had more than two cups of coffee yet and it takes at least four to jump-start my mornings. I reckon this is as much my fault as anyone, I know better than to leave without checking everything.

But, I can use the pickup, and I do have new stickers for the other vehicle (they expired yesterday). So, the weekend is looking good for us to get some projects done and make a road trip. We want to check out some camping areas in a couple of state forests near us, but we will be camping old-school.

They do have a vault toilet in the camping area, and there is supposed to be freshwater as well, but no water hook-ups, and no electricity. I purchased a small, and relatively quiet gasoline generator recently just for this purpose. The mobile tent (pop-up camper) does have a gas furnace, gas stove, gas water heater, and a super big deep-cycle battery to run everything, but I like to ensure that we do not run out of battery power, so a generator and battery charger are a must-have along item when we Gilligan it (old-school camping).



A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054952-Free-Write-Friday