*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053911
Rated: 13+ · Book · Philosophy · #2020664
Repository for my Zanier Ideas... on writing, and life.
#1053911 added August 10, 2023 at 9:58am
Restrictions: None
When is a blog post better than a drunk text?
I told myself if I had it to do again I wouldn't tell Mary how I felt about her. It took years, but... that certainty wore at her. It had an unfair power over her.





And then I met Shelly and she told me to tell my friends that I love them, and she was right. You know, if she hadn't been so intimately familiar with some underhanded things that people do, usually to people much younger than either of us. Sure she was 40 and I was 39, but she still turned one thing and made me forget that it meant what it did. And it had an unfair power over me, and I gave up everything--job, family, apartment, one of my cats.





So now I have fallen for someone, and they're engaged. And they're not engaged to a man. And that's okay, but... damn, I'd like to tell them. So I do have it to do over again.





And everything else is fine as it is, you know, except when I do something stupid and I think I've offended them. Fortunately I'm wrong when I think that, but it still bothers me.





Answer: when they know your blog address (or don't) but don't read it.


Or, alternately, when you're smart enough to put it on "For my eyes only."

© Copyright 2023 Joto-Kai (UN: jotokai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joto-Kai has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053911