*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053920-Slowly-starting
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1053920 added August 10, 2023 at 12:10pm
Restrictions: None
Slowly starting
Trying hard...
I managed to get a few things done so far today, have plenty more to go.

I was going to cut the lawn today but we just had a thunderstorm so I guess that idea is out for the day.
I did get started with the declutter project upstairs...but wow, there is a ton of stuff...hopefully I can make a noticeable dent in it today, then maybe a bit more each day.

I am going to rearrange my computer monitors (I have 3) and move the tower computer to under the table. I have to figure out how to handle my stereo speakers that are sitting on apple crates on the ends of the table. I think one is actually sitting on a board that is on the table so it is off the end. I'll have to see if I can do that with both. That would allow room to place the monitors side by side. I have 3 due to my photo-editing pursuits. One monitor has video tutorials on it, one has the actual editing software on it, and the third has the browser with email, social media and ability to make quick searches for questions that pop into my mind.

I think I'm going to use a TV stand to set my scanner on so it will be to the side, there won't be room on the table. I also need to relocate the stereo. It currently is sitting on the table with one monitor to the side. It is fairly large so it will need to be shifted. Perhaps if I can get the apple crates on a board so they are to the sides, then put another board on top to put the stereo and the speakers on. I'll have to measure and see if it would clear the top of the monitors.

My wife is in Ireland for two weeks on a tour. That means I keep an eye on the dogs and get them out to do their poop/pee outside. The collie can be resistant to going out but I think she has found that I will toss her out if she doesn't go out on her own. She seems to have a small bladder and never thinks to go, sometimes coming back in and letting go on the carpet. So far she has been good though and I get her and the son's dog out every 2-3 hours. That has been working and since I've never been a sound sleeper, it's the same thing at night.

I think my bronchitis is finally cleared up. I do cough one or two times in a day but only a few coughs, none of the sustained, uncontrolled bouts. Now I just need to get back on the bike. I charged up the headlight and taillight while it was in for it's 30 day tuneup and I need to get them back onto the bike. Then I need to check the tires. I need to pump them up about once a week as they do lose a few pounds of pressure. When I was a kid, the only time we put air in the tires was when we had a flat...and that meant taking the tire off, putting a patch on the tube, then putting it back on and try not to pinch the tube and create another leak. Now, tires don't seem to hold air as well. I believe nitrogen, as used in many care tires now, doesn't leak. I don't know if it is due to the size of the molecules or what. I'm pretty sure it is above my level of understanding.

I think this is it for now. I need to go check in the garage and see if the tv stand that I'm thinking of is still out there, then maybe make a quick trip upstairs and find a few more things to toss in the trash. Bit by bit, maybe in a week I'll have things somewhat under control.

Tim

© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053920-Slowly-starting