*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053955-And-another-day
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1053955 added August 11, 2023 at 11:30am
Restrictions: None
And another day....
Back again...
It's Friday! As I mentioned before though, when retired, the Monday - Friday becomes meaningless. Every day is Saturday, if you make it one. Time to do things for one's self, family things, everything that work used to get in the way of. Or, just sit around and be lazy...which I fall victim to way too often. I do manage to get a few things done though, slowly...but mainly due to physical limitations. It would be nice to have the drive and physical ability that I had in my twenties...a desire that I bet a lot of people share.

It's getting to be on the warm side but I need to take a can to the garbage recycle place, then run to the Veterans Administration to drop off some paperwork and get fitted for a back brace. I've always been told the brace was conducive to loss of muscle strength but, the surgeon refused to do any further surgery. Not many options available, some days just standing in the shower can become an issue. I need to pressure wash my front porch and sidewalk, some of the driveway...but my standing time is limited. I'm hoping a brace will help...if not I'll just keep a chair handy and take lots of breaks to sit down.

My grass dried out enough after the short storm yesterday morning that I could have cut it but, I didn't. Laziness crept up on me. I guess I can't really call it laziness, I did some more reading/studying of the Photoshop course I'm working on. And I managed to get a bit more done on my declutter project upstairs. Maybe I'm too hard on myself.

I'll go to the VA after lunch and I hope it won't be too crowded. I know the mornings are always nuts. Being as it is Friday, I'm hoping most people will be done for the week and thinking about the weekend. I know the bulk of us going to the VA are retired but that concept of "weekend" has been burned into our brain for so many years that it is hard to forget about it.

I need to swing by Lowes and get a board...it looks like I can put one on top of my apple crate things and put speakers on it as well as my stereo. It looks like it will clear the top of my largest monitor. I did find that the speaker wires for one speaker have apparently been disconnected somehow so I'll have to redo it...I may end up having to redo all the speaker wiring. Having been an electronics geek for a career, I don't think it should be much of an issue. I'm really hoping one of these days I can juggle my time and get back to spending time on my test bench. I have some very nice (and expensive) test equipment and currently it is pretty much just gathering dust. It used to be my camera stuff was gathering dust...I need to settle down and devote time to my various hobbies.

Having ADD is problematic with hobbies. I can only sit and do something for so longer before my mind starts to wander. Actually, it is nearly impossible to sit down and keep only one thing in focus but I can usually get something done. For a long time I had real issues with it. As soon as i sat down I was wanting to jump up and do something else. None of my hobbies are boring but my brain is never satisfied, it wants to be moving on to something else.

It looks like I am at a slow point of the day, still well over an hour before I go to the VA so I have time to do something productive. Maybe I'll work a bit more on the course I'm doing and maybe get real ambitious and go cut the grass before it gets too hot.

Have a nice day!

Tim


© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053955-And-another-day