*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053956-The-Dance
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1053956 added August 11, 2023 at 11:47am
Restrictions: None
The Dance
Prompt: Use these words in your entry today: reticent, preen, wiggle, jiggle, giggle and dance floor.

---

Hahaha! The clock chimes for one of my silly stories!

On the bustling Broadway Avenue, beneath the neon lights and pulsating beats, there was a hidden gem of a dance club known as "Rhythm Haven." Every night, the dance floor would come alive with many people, each with their own story to tell.

One evening, a reticent young woman named Lynne arrived at Rhythm Haven. She was always drawn to the magic of dance, but her shyness kept her from fully embracing it. Tonight, though, she had decided it was time for a change.

As Lynne stepped onto the dance floor, the music pulsed in her ears as its rhythm coursed through her and she began to sway and wiggle, even if at first, her movements were hesitant, like a delicate bird testing its wings.

On the dance floor was also Niko who knew Lynne from work. He couldn't resist the opportunity to encourage Lynne. So with a dramatic flourish, he executed jiggles and elaborate dance moves to catch Lynne's eye and Lynne giggled when she saw Niko's antics, and she began dancing with him.

Their joy was contagious as it drew others onto the dance floor, too, making it turn into a stage where people preened and pirouetted and were lost in the music of the moment.

The magic of that night at Rhythm Haven lingered in Lynne's heart long after the last notes had faded. She had discovered and encouraged a side of herself she never knew to have existed. Even better than that, she had discovered a lifelong friend, Niko, who had encouraged her to step into a world where she could be who she was meant to be; herself.


.


© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053956-The-Dance