*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054005-The-Good-in-the-Bad
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1054005 added August 12, 2023 at 11:29am
Restrictions: None
The Good in the Bad
Prompt:
"Sometimes, when things are falling apart, they may actually be falling into place."
— Unknown

----------------

This paradoxical quote sounds like a Hindu saying or something close to it. There's also that psychological phenomenon called Cognitive Dissonance for why we sometimes think that things are good when they are, in reality, very bad.

Yet, I get it; in a way, it is better to have Cognitive Dissonance than succumb to despair and frustration. Also, sometimes, when life throws a curve ball at us and the whole world unravels, it may be signaling to us that the time for change is here.

Say, a traffic accident took place on a busy road. Immediately, a crew comes and clears the road to open it up to the traffic again. If we are the people who were in that accident, we would, maybe, try to avoid that route for a while, but possibly there are other routes to find out about, some even more scenic, quieter, or even shorter.

Thus, how we use the opportunity for change and carry on without falling apart under the rubble shows our true mettle. Things that happen beyond our control, say death and other major life events, usually cause chaos. At that moment, we need to let go of our hold on the old and our need for rigid control and perfection.

Ultimately, life has an uncanny way of surprising us with its twists and turns. If we take a negative event as a chance to rebuild, reimagine, and rediscover the beauty and the art of living, we can surely construct from the ruins or embrace the uncertainty with faith and patience and tread the path to personal evolution. Who knows, the future may end up being even better than the past and the present!


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054005-The-Good-in-the-Bad