*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053993-Up-and-away
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
#1053993 added August 12, 2023 at 8:05am
Restrictions: None
Up and away!
Up and at 'em!

I woke up early this morning, not sure why. I was cold though even though the room was plenty warm. My body is strange sometimes.

I have an eastern redbud I planted early this year. I purchased 2 of them. Both seemed to thrive but one was a month behind the other when they bloomed. Now, the early bloomer has some type of disease, leaves are dying and have holes in them. I don't see any bugs on them. From what I've been able to research, it appears to be a untreatable fungus. The second one, about 40 feet away, is thriving. I put some of that systemic fungicide/fertilizer on this morning and I'm giving it a very deep watering. I'll keep my fingers crossed. These were planted basically to fill empty spots of the yard that are shaded and as perches for the birds. An added benefit is they provide seed pods which I've read birds enjoy in winter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I picked up a board for my upstairs project and some speaker wire yesterday. I also got clips for the wires to keep them up and off the floor, hopefully out of range of my feet and anything that might get stashed under the table. Since I was able to cut the grass yesterday, it means the only outside project I have is pressure washing of the front porch. I think today will be an upstairs day until I get tired/bored, then maybe I can fire up the pressure washer and get started. I picked up my back brace at the VA yesterday, maybe I'll be able to stand longer and get more done.

I still didn't manage to get out and ride my bike. I started out so well but then the bronchitis made me lay off, now I'm struggling to get back into the groove. All I can do is keep trying to convince myself to get out and do it. I put on almost 6 pounds when I started riding again and it is not dropping back off. Frustrating.

I don't seem to have much to say of interest today. Perhaps tomorrow will be better...hope springs eternal.

Tim

© Copyright 2023 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1053993-Up-and-away