*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054221-TORMENT-and-FORGIVENESSUNFORGIVENESS
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1054221 added August 20, 2023 at 3:24pm
Restrictions: None
TORMENT and FORGIVENESS/UNFORGIVENESS
         I learned an invaluable lesson a week or so ago.

         I previously knew about the scripture, But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you... (See Luke 6:27&28; Matthew 5:44.) After my experience, I understand it more deeply.

-----------------------------------

         I was under pressure at work. Making last minute changes to important documents because the clients' names were misspelled. I was also angry that we did not get the proper spelling in advance of the appointment----though I know My anger does not promote the righteousness of God. (See James 1:20.)

         After work, I kept playing the scenario over and over in my mind while asking God for forgiveness, asking Him to remove the sin and guilt for my misbehavior. It was torturous. I prayed with hope before going to bed that I would not have to suffer all weekend.

         When I awoke Saturday morning, I felt peace and emitted a sigh of relief. But then the tormenting scenario started again, playing over and over in my mind... However, thanks to God, I got a quickening (knowing) in my heart/spirit that the attorney was replaying the scenario over-and-over in his head; and I needed to pray for him.

         So with God's help and direction, I prayed---asking God to put forgiveness in his heart and restore him to perfect piece. I felt the release in my spirit; and the tormentors were immediately at bay.

© Copyright 2023 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054221-TORMENT-and-FORGIVENESSUNFORGIVENESS