*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054249-A-Real-Mess
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1054249 added August 17, 2023 at 11:14pm
Restrictions: None
A Real Mess


So, the house behind us, just beyond the alley, is becoming a bit of a mess. At first I saw one dog. Then I heard screeching like nails on a blackboard one day. Did I mention this before? That was a wee puppy in the heat several days ago. Two dogs. Then the other day I saw another wee pup. Just a few days after that, another dog appeared. So now four dogs. In a postage-stamp sized yard. All day alone. In the 100° heat. Barking. Crying.

And then there is the junk. I think it is breeding. At first there were boxes. Then a shelf appeared the next day. Then we saw a table and chairs. Then a stove and refrigerator and a band-saw. And now there are pallets and about 4 tires. Oh, and a couch. The driveway is becoming crowded. I'm not sure if this is going to become a flea market. When the garage door was open the other day, there was so much junk in there you could not park a car in it.

I forgot to mention the 15 plants outside the garage door that are now wilted and probably dead.

Am I living in some sort of alternate reality or are they? We try to keep our place as neat as we can. You know, trash picked up, yard mowed. House looking nice. We never let our dog bark for hours when she was alive. Egads.

Perhaps they are aliens come to steal what is left of my sanity. They aren't aware of the rules here on Earth. Or at least the rules about pet ownership. If it gets too much worse, I will complain to the city. But they won't believe the alien claim, so I'll have to come up with a real valid problem.

© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054249-A-Real-Mess