*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054027-To-Pass-the-Time
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1054027 added August 12, 2023 at 11:49pm
Restrictions: None
To Pass the Time


2023 Quill Nominee.Again this year I have a piece nominated for a Quills award. I feel so honored.

 
STATIC
Overnight Snack  (E)
Quills Nominee and Finalist 2023 The Writer's Cramp 7/19/23 W/C 833
#2300064 by QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham
was nominated in the Flash Fiction category. Thanks to whoever thought it was good enough to merit a nomination. I had fun thinking of the characters, the dialogue, and the plot for that little tale.

This past week I've been in a self-exile of sorts. I injured my knee, and so have been sticking close to home, my bed and couch, ice and painkillers. Bugger. But I have read some, and watched some interesting computer videos.

One thing I did watch was a British cooking series. It is on Netflix, and this is from 2018. So far I've watched season 2 only, so I need to find season 1. 'The Big Family Cooking Showdown'. It's actually quite amusing. No big prize that I can tell, just the pat on the back as the best family team.

The teams were three people from the same family. Mother or father or child or aunt or uncle or cousin. You get the picture. There were 16 families to start. So you watched 4 families cook at one time, then they were winnowed down to the final four.

I did make a few notes of some funny lines. And the interactions of the groups as they cooked, well, they were amusing and sometimes hard to watch as well.

“Treat night - and nothing says treat night like half a lobster’s head on your plate.”

“So you season. If it calls for one teaspoon chili - and you put in 4 tablespoons - you’ve created …LAVA!!!”

“Got a watch on?”
“Yep, it’s 10 to shut up..”

“We try to buy most things British”
“It's hard to buy British bananas.”

“We don’t have anything to worry about, cake baking isn’t an exact science.”
“Where did you read that? Jack and Jill make cakes?”

So entertainment til I get the old knee examined on Monday.








© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054027-To-Pass-the-Time