*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054262-The-Week-Thats-Been
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1054262 added August 18, 2023 at 7:05am
Restrictions: None
The Week That's Been
What a week I've had. With a month passing by since the lapse, I've regained my confidence, self-belief and more importantly, my health. I must admit for a while there, I was feeling pretty low. But with each day that has passed, my feelings of regret and sorrow have diminished and brighter, more positive feelings have replaced them.

The decision to volunteer, group meetings restarting again, making good progress in my training and not falling back into addictive behaviours are all helping to keep my spirits up. The documentation for grant of probate have now been lodged with the court, and all four siblings have signed the agreement that ensures a fair and amicable outcome to do with my mother's Will...and in doing so, relieves me of the stress of waiting until March 2024 to find out if there would be a contest.

There's still a lot to do. The furnishings are virtually worthless. I'll donate what I can to St Vincent de Paul Society and whatever I decide to keep will go into a small container to go into storage until I locate some digs in Thailand, then get it shipped to me there. The rest will go out for kerbside collection and what remains will go into a skip bin.

I arranged for an inspection by a real estate agent during the week and she recommended that there be the least amount of furniture in the house as possible when we begin showing the property to potential buyers. This allows me around six weeks (until the property goes on the open market) from now to reduce the contents of my home to a bare minimum. I still need to live here until settlement (assuming the house is sold), which could mean living in an almost empty home for months. The house already feels empty without my Mom being here, and this situation will be made even worse without furnishings or even pictures on the walls. My room, however, will stay the same...after all, I need somewhere to call home whilst awaiting the sale of my house.

Each event is just another step in the journey. During this time of upheaval, I will try to remain focused on the future and not let any negative aspects get me down.

© Copyright 2023 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054262-The-Week-Thats-Been