*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054489-Where-to-Begin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#1054489 added August 23, 2023 at 2:40pm
Restrictions: None
Where to Begin
Thank you for the warm welcome back. I didn't really expect any comments so was really touched to be remembered so fondly. I must confess after such a long break it's easy to forget to check on the site on a daily basis, particularly with the short term memory deterioration that comes with age. Sometimes it takes me all morning to remember what day it is, never mind anything more complex, and I am definitely a lot slower in many ways than in the early days of blogging. I believe they date back almost twenty years now. *Shock* Where on earth has all that time gone?

After a four year absence it’s hard to know where to start. For my own benefit I decided to read through this blog book as a way to refresh my memory. I’ve laughed, cried, frowned, smiled and reminisced over times gone by, both good and bad. Most of the tears were after reading the comments from a lovely group of people, most now not members and many no longer on the mortal coil. People I miss and will always remember with great fondness. I question why I’m still here with my bad habits and lifestyle but that is another imponderable.

It also made me ponder how many words we bloggers have typed into these entries in total after all those years but I'm also pleased they're still here, even though there's some very traumatic and painful times recorded in them. We're told not to dwell on the past and in theory I agree, but it's easier said than done. I lead a pretty quiet and humdrum life on the whole now so blogging topics may not be as easy to find, but we shall see. So for now, I better just write myself a note to remind myself to visit WDC every day, in order to get back into the habit. Thank you again for your kind words. They are always appreciated and very welcome.

© Copyright 2023 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054489-Where-to-Begin