*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054520-She-Will-Share-Me-With-No-One
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1054520 added August 24, 2023 at 9:10am
Restrictions: None
She Will Share Me With No One
Because of the heavy workload of moving stuff out of the house and to the sidewalk, and the pressure I put myself under since I lapsed five weeks ago to train harder, yesterday, my body screamed at me to please stop. I must admit it was a battle not to (at the very least) get out on my bike. Addiction comes in many forms and I know all too well the negative feelings that come when I don't exercise according to a set routine. But today when I hit the gym, my body thanked me and I easily cruised through the double.

I saw my GP this morning to get a referral to see a specialist orthopedic surgeon about my knee. There's no cartlidge and it's now bone on bone. The knee swells if I'm on my feet a lot, like I have been over the last few days. Severe Osteoarthritis and a torn ACL cause me pain and grief. The only solution is to swallow pain meds and eventually, have knee replacement surgery. It'll be a few years before that happens because the titanium joint only lasts ten years and the surgery is so traumatic, they recommend it only be done once in a lifetime...meaning another two to three years of pain. The funny part is I can ride a bike without issue, but walking is a different matter. In the meantime, losing weight will help take pressure off the joint and strengthening the muscles in my legs will help support the knee.

The last few days I've been struggling, not just physically, but mentally. Having to do everything on my own takes a toll. But today, I rounded the corner and most of the house is now done. There are just a few heavy items to carry out and I've managed to rope a friend into coming tomorrow to lend a hand.

I've had no cravings and I feel positive about the future. In saying that, I still need to take it one day at a time. I know she (methamphetamine) is still there waiting for me to fall and if I do, she will pick me up in her loving arms and take everything I have worked for because...she will share me with no one.

© Copyright 2023 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054520-She-Will-Share-Me-With-No-One