*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
9
13
16
17
19
20
22
26
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054569-Just-When-You-Think-Your-Done
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1054569 added August 25, 2023 at 7:17am
Restrictions: None
Just When You Think Your Done...
I wish my Mom could see the house as it looks today. After ten years of being a caregiver and care receiver, we were in a rut. Eventually, cleaning became only surface deep...a gesture rather than a mission. And now that I have trashed most of the furniture, uncluttering, and thereby revealing the hidden places, nooks and crannies that were easily overlooked, these places are now receiving the attention they sorely needed.

My friend showed up on time and we worked for a few hours. Once all the heavy lifting was done, he looked at the mess, cobwebs and crud that no one had seen in decades and took off like a rat up a drain pipe. I had to laugh and certainly didn't expect him to help clean. I truly appreciate the fact that without him, I wouldn't have been able to get to this point. But as is the way of things, as my friend drove away, I looked around with the realisation that the real work had only just begun.

I felt defeated only a couple of days ago, and now, with the end almost in sight, there is a renewed vigour. I've been on my feet since mid-morning, first attending my psyche session, then onto the bank. Once home, I had a quick bite to eat before my friend arrived (at around 2:00 pm) and I haven't stopped since. It's now 8.45 pm. I've been playing music all afternoon (atm I'm listening to Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here), which has helped pass the time. My feet hurt like crazy, but I'm far from finished. Perhaps in another hour or two, I will stop for the day. Then in the morning, I will continue until I am satisfied.

I can't remember the last time I felt this tired...or this content. Life is changing (for some reason, I have tears in my eyes). With a little luck and a lot of hard work, for the first time in a very long time, I think I'm going to be OK.

© Copyright 2023 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054569-Just-When-You-Think-Your-Done