*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054740-Sort-of-Forty-Eight-Single-Paragraphs
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1054740 added August 27, 2023 at 11:40pm
Restrictions: None
Sort of Forty-Eight Single Paragraphs
Sort of Forty-Eight Single Paragraphs


What does the above blog title mean? It means that I got a total of forty-eight single paragraphs written at work earlier today, but it also means I didn’t get forty-eight single paragraphs alone. Some of these paragraphs were dialogue, and that dialogue had a Character’s Name attached to it.

Sometimes it wasn’t just the Character’s Name. About half of this dialogue had some parathesis attached to them too aka (Mentally Talking). If not a lot more than just half of them. there is a lot of (Mentally Talking) going on with these characters. Especially, between Chaad, Suuri, and Hoolle.

It's going to happen with Reen, Voonc, and Kiirra, but it won’t happen too often until the start of the television series. It will happen in the Movie Introduction too, but not as much. If I remember correctly, it has already happened in Part One of this Movie Introduction aka the Teaser Act.

Only it wasn’t with one of the other Adults. If I remember correctly, it was between Kiirra and Chaad. I’m not sure if that is correct by looking at my handwriting, but I think it did happen. I don’t think there was any other time it has happened so far in this script, but I could be wrong about that.

Speaking of the Teaser Act, I almost got it handwritten today at work. I only have three scenes left to write. That means I did fourteen scenes today at work. I was hoping that I would get ten, but I’m very happy that I got another four of them done. Just hope I can keep it up.

Also did two more Establishing Shots. So, in a way, I only did fourteen scenes and within those fourteen scenes, I got forty-six single paragraphs written. That averages to be about three single paragraphs per scene, and that sounds about right. After all, most of my scenes were three single paragraphs long.

Whether they be Action Descriptions or dialogue, most of them were three single paragraphs long. Some were four or five, but most of them weren’t. it looks like that’s the way it’s going to be throughout these scripts. Unfortunately, that was one of the problems I had earlier today at work.

I had two problems with writing this first script. One was keeping it Present Tense. Some words came out Past Tense, and I had to figure out how to word it so that it was Present Tense. That was very hard to do sometimes. Especially, with words like ‘destroy’ and ‘destroying’ instead of ‘destroyed.’

The other problem I had was my line number count for each scene. Each scene averages out to be fifteen lines each aka fifteen seconds, but it’s not that easy, though. I have broken them up to be either thirteen lines, fifteen lines, or nineteen lines depending on which scene number they are connected to.

It didn’t happen too many times, but I did have some problems with keeping these scenes with thirteen, fifteen, and nineteen lines/seconds. I was lucky that most of them worked out. At least I think they have. I won’t know that for sure until I start transcribing my handwriting to my laptop.








© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054740-Sort-of-Forty-Eight-Single-Paragraphs