*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054838-Ruminations-of-August-31-and-beyond
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1054838 added August 30, 2023 at 12:50am
Restrictions: None
Ruminations of August 31, and beyond
August 31, the year is 1985 *Mindblown*

I gave birth to my first child, 5 weeks early and small enough to wear a cabbage patch doll dress. She stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks so that her lungs could develop enough that she could come home. Here I started my journey of being a parent.

Fast forward to 2023 - My daughter, who has given me plenty of joy, a lot of anguish and some moments of anxiety, will be 38 years old. How did that happen? *Shock2*

Time indeed marches on, and sometimes tramples over the top of someone, if they are not careful! (LOL...Dolly Parton in Steel Magnolias) *Footprints*

I'm grateful to have my daughter, and the also the son and a second daughter as well. They've come to be good kids, and responsible adults (I think mostly in spite of me *RollEyes* ) I thank God for them always. We may not always agree on things, and they have become quite the "mother hen" (a crazy roll reversal, much to my grief). But I can honestly say that they love me, as I do them.

So, in 38 years, I've come to learn that time waits on NO ONE. I've learned that sometimes I have to let go of the situation, and trust God for the outcome; whether I want to or not. Life is fragile, and sometimes so is the spirit, if I depend only on my strength.

What a contemplative night *Thinker*





signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054838-Ruminations-of-August-31-and-beyond