*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054885-Slightly-Better-Than-the-Old-Fashion-Way
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1054885 added August 30, 2023 at 11:34pm
Restrictions: None
Slightly Better Than the Old Fashion Way
Slightly Better
Than the Old Fashion Way


It doesn’t look like I’m going to be able to transcribe my handwriting the best and fastest way for me to do it. That way would be for me to convert it into text. Then edit it after that. I can scan it into my handwriting on my laptop, but it doesn’t look like I’m going to be able to convert it into text.

I have done everything that the Guide tells me to do, and I still can’t convert it. The only reason that I can think as to the reason why I can’t do it is because they were written in pencil instead of pen aka ink. That may be true. After all, the Guide did say something about the program not being able to convert pencil handwriting.

That I don’t understand. I can read the scan that I have done so far, and everything is very readable. So, why can’t I convert it? If I can read it, why can’t the program? It’s true, the writing is a little faint, but that shouldn’t be causing it not to be converted, or can it?

Converting it wasn’t my only problem, though. It was the major one, but not the only one. For a while, I thought that I would need to do it the old-fashioned way by looking at the handwriting and trying to type into my laptop. A very big problem because it’s hard for me to read and type like I used to when I could see the writing better.

Luckily, I may not have to do it that way after all. After all, it can see my scanned handwriting very clearly. So, I should be able to put them side by side along with the documents that I’m typing them into. Only that didn’t work quite so well either. That’s another problem I had, but it’s not the only one.

Getting it into OneNote wasn’t a problem, but converting the PDF scan into Word was. I had a page that wasn’t converted properly. I still had the one in OneNote, though, and it does seem to have all the pages. So, instead of converting it to Word, I can transcribe my handwriting from OneNote. Another problem was solved. Unfortunately, it wasn’t the last one.

It doesn’t look like I’m going to be able to transcribe it side by side. That’s because I can’t make the scan big enough for me to read it without it being chopped out about halfway through it. If I did it this way, I would constantly be sliding it from one side to the other. That will take some time to do.

The only way it can be done this way is not with a side-by-side view of each document. It has to be on top of one another. That way I can make both documents big enough to fit in the margins of my laptop. Now, I should be ready to start transcribing my handwriting to my laptop. Unfortunately, I don’t have the time to start doing it today.

It may be a month that I can do it on my days off from work aka Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. After all, this weekend is the start of September. I doubt I will have a second Short Story to write for September by the end of this weekend, but I should have one for the WDC Short Story contest by then.







© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054885-Slightly-Better-Than-the-Old-Fashion-Way