*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054926-I-Think-Twenty-Nine-Instead-of-Twenty-Eight
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1054926 added August 31, 2023 at 11:07pm
Restrictions: None
I Think Twenty-Nine Instead of Twenty-Eight
I Think Twenty-nine
Instead of Twenty-eight


I’m not sure without looking, and I don’t have the time to do that right now, but if I remember correctly, I wrote twenty-nine single paragraphs at work earlier today than twenty-eight. I have been circling each scene number and each paragraph I have been writing for Part One of the Movie Introduction for my Water Wars scriptwriting project.

Every time I start a new scene or a new paragraph within that scene, I circle the number for that scene or paragraph in the left-hand margin of my handwriting. It’s for my reference only. So, that I can keep track of where I’m at and how many paragraphs I have written for this script that day. It’s not going to be transcribed into the final script, though.

It’s sort of the same for the right-hand margin too. Only that side I use to add up my line numbers so that I know when I get to thirteen, fifteen, or nineteen lines for that scene depending on which scene number it was. The only real difference between the two margins is that I circle the numbers on the left margin, but I don’t on the right margin.

Once again, the right margin is just for my benefit. It’s not going to be transcribed when I enter this handwriting into my laptop. So far, I have been doing very well with keeping each scene within thirteen, fifteen, or nineteen. There have been a few times when I needed to do some re-writing or adjusting to keep it with whatever line number it was for that scene.

that isn’t what this blog is supposed to be about, though. It’s the number of paragraphs I wrote earlier today at work, and I think it should be twenty-nine instead of twenty-eight. Right now, I have circled twenty-eight single paragraphs. it should be twenty-nine. Why do I think that? It’s because I broke up a single paragraph into two paragraphs.

I’m not sure, but I think it was one of the Establishing Shots that I did this. The number of words in a single paragraph was very long. So, I decided to break down this large paragraph into two single paragraphs. only I don’t think I added that second number to my circled numbers. I think I just added one circled number instead of two.

I may be wrong about that, but I don’t think that I am. Besides the extra paragraph, how does what I did earlier today at work break down? I’m not sure how many Establishing Shots single paragraphs I wrote earlier today at work, but it was three scene numbers. I think it was five, but I’m not sure about that. There were also several dialogue paragraphs.

Even though they were dialogue instead of Action Descriptions, I still consider them single paragraphs. the only difference is instead of just adding the dialogue to my total number of thirteen, fifteen, or nineteen, I also add the Character Names to that total number of lines and any parathesis to it too. If there are any parathesis parts. I can’t remember that either.

Whether it was twenty-nine or twenty-eight. That is a very good day for me on a weekday. If I can do fifteen or twenty single paragraphs on a weekday, I think is good writing. I almost doubled it for today. also, I did eight and a half scenes earlier today at work too. That’s also very good too. Especially, since I was expecting to do about five for the weekdays.





© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054926-I-Think-Twenty-Nine-Instead-of-Twenty-Eight