*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054902-Happy-Birthday-WdC-with-the-number-23
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1054902 added August 31, 2023 at 1:53pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Birthday WdC with the number 23
Prompt: WDC is 23. Write about 23, Birthdays and celebrations for your Blog entry today.

-------------

This year will be my favorite, as I have a love affair with the number 23. First, I got married at 23 years of age, a marriage which lasted a lifetime, at least as long as my late husband was around. Then, also, this year is Writing.com's 23rd birthday.

As to number 23, it is an odd number and a prime number, which means it can only be divided by 1. This must be because Writing.com is the one and only. As to the mystical significance of 23, the number is said to have hidden meanings and synchronicities. I only know this little, as mysticism is not exactly my cup of tea.

In fact, what 23 is to me, is that it is a number for personal full growth and celebration and new experiences while focusing on the strengths of the old ones. In short, it means potential for further personal development.

Going back to year 2000, it was a period where the dot-com era experienced a major boom, going from experimentation to the real text-based interaction. It was exactly at this time that Writing.com emerged, however with a different name. So to us, Writing.com's full married name could be: *Wink*
Writing.com--Nee, Stories.com.

At the time, the concept of an online community centered around creative writing was revolutionary, although in those years, many such sites popped up and fizzled out. But for Writing.com, there would be no fizzling out and still, there isn't, only because writing and self-expression arts is the aim of the site in addition to the members' friendships and relationships in a vibrant ecosystem.

Then, the site has always had owners with excellent hands-on approach to its workings, upholding the idea of family, even though that family now is in hundreds of thousands. As I reflect on the time when this site came into being, I laudly applaud the pioneering spirit of The StoryMaster and The StoryMistress . They made Writing.com a home for creativity and camaraderie for many of us over the years.

As such, I am one of the lucky members who have been here for almost all of the years that this community has been around. For me, Writing.com's brilliance is a testament to the dedication of its owners and members, and the success and potential of the internet in connecting people with shared passions and interest.

So, Happy 23rd Writing.com!

.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054902-Happy-Birthday-WdC-with-the-number-23