*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054964-A-Positive-Mindset
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1054964 added September 1, 2023 at 1:52pm
Restrictions: None
A Positive Mindset
Prompt: Use these random words in your entry today: fleet, threaten, established, place, ban, vegetarian, quantity, and personality.

----------

There is an established restaurant with the name Greenies, in our city. Once, its business used to rely on making deliveries to the customers. This place was and still is famous for its vegetarian dishes and a loyal clientele, plus the warm and welcoming personality of its owner, Mr. Grant Wilson.

A while ago, our city established a ban on a fleet of delivery vehicles in order to reduce air pollution. This ban threatened many restaurants' livelihoods who relied on these vehicles for deliveries and Greenies was no exception.

When Mr. Wilson went to see the city council representative Ms. Crane about his difficulties with this ban, Ms. Crane suggested this solution.
"How about establishing a central pickup point for your customers? They can come and collect their orders themselves, reducing the need for delivery vehicles."

Mr. Wilson thought for a moment or two, then nodded in agreement. It was a good idea and it could even attract more foot traffic to his restaurant. This way, the quality of the food he offered could even be enhanced with the quantity of the purchases. Also, he would be saving on gas and the keep-up of his delivery vehicles.

To all our surprise, the plan eventually worked and the pickup point became a popular spot. Mr. Wilson started to welcome customers at this spot, which was actually a side building next to the restaurant. Eventually, he even set up café tables and chairs there, for the customers to wait while their orders were being readied.

I think in our city we owe something to Ms. Crane's suggestion but we owe even more to Mr. Wilson for his enthusiastic stance and inventiveness. This little incident has shown us in our city that constructive thinking and a little effort can turn what initially seems like a threat to a positive change for growth, in addition to caring for our environment and the earth's resources.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1054964-A-Positive-Mindset