*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055024-Me-and-WdC---At-the-Beginning
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1055024 added September 2, 2023 at 12:50pm
Restrictions: None
Me and WdC-- At the Beginning
Tell us how you came to be on WDC. What appealed to you the most? How long have you been here? Share a link to something you wrote in your early days.

-------------

Long Story. It was the end of June 2001. A friend from NY had seen the existence of a writing site called stories.com (which became WdC later). She sent me the link to it. I checked it out and decided to try it. So I registered on June 29, 2001. Just at the moment that I finished registering, my husband came off the phone and told me he had to fill in for a colleague who had to take off for two months. At Erie PA. And on the 30th, the next day, we were to board a flight. I was shocked, but we did board that flight and made it to the beautiful city of Erie with its long-lasting gorgeous sunsets.

This was the AOL and landline-connection era. Of course I took my clunky-laptop with me, for I was dying to go online and explore stories.com. The place that we were to stay, however, had no landline, as it was a vacation motel with tiny bungalows. I was so upset that my husband couldn't stand it. So he went and talked to the administration and had a line brought in to our place. The rest is history. But I have to add one more thing. At that time, the site had no sr. mods. Just a few moderators. Those people helped me so much! I'll always be thankful for their then-existence. Unfortunately, almost all of them are not with us anymore, and some of them are in white cases.

Here is the link to the very first item that I uploaded on the The StoryMistress 's encouragement, which I made sure I didn't delete it, ever. I say SMS's encouragement because in the beginning, I was checking into the existing few forums, looking at the others' work and giving five stars at everything. So she told me to upload a writing of mine, too. Lol!

"THIRST

Once I came in here, I never left, and neither did I have a long absence. No matter what happened in my personal life, I always peeked in. I have a hunch that I'll also keep peeking into WdC from the other side, as well, when my time comes.

.


© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055024-Me-and-WdC---At-the-Beginning