*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055052-TUYC---on-intolerance-Sept-2-2023
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1055052 added September 2, 2023 at 7:38pm
Restrictions: None
TUYC - on intolerance Sept 2, 2023
prayer prompt
Pray for Christians around the world as they are tried for standing up for and expressing their beliefs.

blog prompt
If Christians are supposed to represent the love of God through Christ, why do you think Christianity is being viewed as a religion of intolerance and hate? How can we make a difference in this situation?



I've thought about this a little bit. Jesus was the example of how to live your life, and He actually ruffled some feathers...those of religious leaders, but also his disciples and even his mother. (first time recorded, was when He first went to the temple at the age of 12 or 13 with his folks, and went missing - He was found at the Temple teaching(Luke 2)).

That's not to say we deliberately go out and ruffle feathers; but if we are living a Godly, Christian life to the best of our abilities, sometimes we will get labeled as "intolerant". We are to love the sinner, but not the sin.

On the other hand, Christians are human and make mistakes - sometimes really BAD mistakes. They are caught in lies, they sin and try to cover it up, or worse, try to expose others' sins while not correcting themselves.

The Church has done a lot of nonsense in the name of Jesus, and will have to answer for it. But we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. We still need to pray, confess our sins and do the best we can, living Godly and in obedience to His Word.

Just my opinion on the matter *Pray*



signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055052-TUYC---on-intolerance-Sept-2-2023