*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055056-Officially-Fifteen-and-a-Half
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1055056 added September 2, 2023 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
Officially, Fifteen and a Half
Officially, Fifteen and a Half


Was going to even it out to fifteen by only doing the first half of scene thirty, but the dialogue turned into a two-half with a (Beat) in between them. so, it became a three-fourth scene instead of a half. It also turned my outcome to fifteen and one-fourth instead of half. It was easier to just finish writing scene thirty.

That sort of explains why I ended up with fifteen and a half scenes that I got written earlier today at work. It doesn’t explain the ‘Officially,’ in this blog title. The ‘Officially,’ part of it is because it’s really not fifteen. It should really be seventeen. That’s because scene twenty-five is a three-part scene. It’s also a flashback scene.

Part one and part three of this three-part scene are in the same setting. They just had a slightly different Scene Heading because of my phobia with nothing staying the same without at least two things between them. Since the flashback part of this three-part scene is only one Scene Heading away, the first and third Scene Headings are slightly different.

I could have turned part one and part three into Establishing Shots with Reen in his Sleeper on the Special WaterStructure, but I felt it needed more of an introduction and a reaction to the flashback part of this three-part scene. Especially, since it was scene twenty-five aka a more Action scene. At least the fives and tens are more Action scenes when it comes to my writing.

The sort of two extra scenes is the reason why I wrote ‘Officially,’ in my title for this blog entry. It’s not the only thing that’s different about the single paragraphs I wrote earlier today at work. Let’s start with the number of single paragraphs that I wrote for these scenes. I did fifty-eight total. A lot of it was dialogue single paragraphs.

Most of my scenes are broken up into three parts. They are usually four parts for my fives and tens because they are nineteen lines/seconds long. The three single paragraphs are usually four lines long, three, and another four. That’s for my thirteen-second scenes. It’s usually four lines long, five, and another four for my fifteen-second scenes.

It’s not always the four, three, four or the four, five, four combination. Sometimes they are mixed up, but they still equal thirteen or fifteen, though. The same is true for my fives and tens scenes too. Except there are usually four single paragraphs for each scene. It isn’t always four, four, four, four single paragraphs, though. They get mixed up sometimes too.

Something else that’s different about these ‘fifteen’ scenes. It’s the dialogue. There is a lot of dialogue. Especially, the (Mentally Talking) dialogue between Chaad, Suuri, and Hoolle. I think there was a little bit between Reen, Voonc, and Kiirra too, but it was mostly between the three main cast members. Usually, there is only one single paragraph of dialogue.

Sometimes there is more than one paragraph of dialogue. When that happens, the three or four-paragraph rule doesn’t always apply. When there is more than one single-paragraph dialogue, it could become a five-part scene. If I remember right, that is what happened with one or two of these ‘fifteen’ scenes. They became five-part paragraphs for those scenes because of the dialogue.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055056-Officially-Fifteen-and-a-Half