*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055347-Nine-and-Thirty-or-Thirty-and-Nine
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1055347 added September 7, 2023 at 11:09pm
Restrictions: None
Nine and Thirty or Thirty and Nine
Nine and Thirty
or Thirty and Nine


No matter how you look at the blog title above the results are the same. I got thirty single paragraphs written in nine scenes earlier today at work. Last week on Thursday and Friday, I think that I did twenty-eight single paragraphs per day. Does that mean I’m going to be doing thirty tomorrow too? I hope that I do. If I don’t do a little better than that.

I’m kind of surprised that I got that many single paragraphs written at work earlier today. It started out great with me getting eleven done in the first two hours. There would have been twelve or thirteen if I had started at midnight instead of about fifteen after. Unfortunately, it takes me about ten to fifteen minutes before I can start my writing for that day.

Why does it take me ten to fifteen minutes to get ready to start writing? There are several answers to that question. One answer is that it takes me a few minutes to unpack my writing supplies so that I can start writing. That’s usually the reason why, but it’s not the only one. Sometimes it’s who I’m relieving because he likes to hang around sometimes after his shift ends.

For whatever reason, it normally takes me ten to fifteen minutes before I get started with my writing each day. Today it was about fifteen minutes. So, getting eleven single paragraphs written in two hours isn’t that bad. Especially, considering about another fifteen minutes was devoted to work. In other words, I really got eleven single paragraphs done in about an hour and a half.

Thinking that way, getting eleven single paragraphs in about an hour and a half is great. Unfortunately, it kind of went downhill after that. I don’t know why but I felt tired, and it wasn’t the kind of tired where I’m weak. It’s the sleepy kind of tired. No, I didn’t fall asleep while at work, but I came close to doing it several times. As a result, it did slow down my writing.

I had a little bit of trouble concentrating during those couple of hours too. So, that slowed down my writing too. Don’t ask me why but one second, I was fighting sleep and the next I was back to writing without any problems. Once I started writing I couldn’t stop myself from doing it. The only thing that did stop it was work. Maybe that’s why I stopped doing it.

It was about that time of day when the employees where I’m posted start coming into work. So, subconsciously, that may have kept me awake and writing. Whatever the reason why, I ended up getting thirty single paragraphs written earlier today at work in nine scenes. I just hope that I can do the same thing tomorrow. If I don’t do a little bit better than thirty and nine.






© Copyright 2023 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055347-Nine-and-Thirty-or-Thirty-and-Nine