*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055824-Every-Leaf
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1055824 added September 16, 2023 at 1:14pm
Restrictions: None
"Every Leaf"
Prompt:
“Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.”- Emily Bronte.
Let this quote inspire your entry on the vegetation growing around you. Are there remarkable differences with the climate changing?

------------

It seems climate change has not affected anything around where I live, and so far, I don't see many changes around me. This may be because my house is on a golf course and the club takes good care of its vegetation as do my neighbors their plants. Thus, everything stays just about the same throughout the year.

When we lived in LI.,NY, though, we had the four seasons and, as difficult as it was to do the raking every fall on a two-acre yard filled with oak trees, the sight of autumn was awesome and so beautiful.

As Bronte's line suggests, autumn brings a profound beauty and enchantment to our senses and we feel a deep connection with nature. To me, the idea of autumn brings in a sense of nostalgia and I can almost hear again the gentle rustling of leaves as they detach from their branches and fall down. Then, I can still imagine them carrying messages of tranquility and delicacy of a job completed as they swish around on the ground as if nature's confetti celebrating the cycles of life.

Sometimes, I think every leaf is a leaf of life, and therefore, I can feel the bliss in the simplest of things if only to find joy in the fleeting grace and beauty of our world, whether it's affected by the climate change or not.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055824-Every-Leaf