*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055770-Last-Four-Months-of-the-Year
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1055770 added September 15, 2023 at 12:18pm
Restrictions: None
Last Four Months of the Year
Prompt: Let's use these words in our blog today: September, October, November , December, holidays, frustration, harvest and expectations. Have fun.

----------------------------------

September, October, November, and December bring in a season of holidays, celebrations, and festivities that are laden with expectations. For me, though, the first couple of those months usher in dread and fear since it is the hurricane season where I live. As usual, all expectations can be a source of frustration.

Yet, these months can also mark a time of reflection, religious observance, and family gatherings. For some of us, it's a time of gift-giving, feasting, and joy as there is always a shared sense of excitement and expectations.

Since, historically, this time of the year has always been closely tied to the agricultural calendar, harvest is at the top of the minds of the farmers. This used to be a time when crops were gathered, and the bounty of the land was celebrated with feasts and festivals.

In our time, even though most of us are not directly involved in agriculture, the concept of harvest is still symbolically significant. Don't we harvest mostly our memories, experiences, and the fruits of our labor throughout the year, and we look forward to enjoying them during the holiday season?

On the other hand, building an idealized image of what the holidays should be can often lead to disappointment and heartbreak. We expect picture-perfect family gatherings, flawlessly decorated homes, and harmonious interactions. When reality falls short of these lofty ideals, frustration can set in. To avoid this, we need to remember that the holidays are not about achieving perfection but about enjoying the company of loved ones and cherishing meaningful moments.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055770-Last-Four-Months-of-the-Year