*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055950-That-One-Flaw
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1055950 added September 19, 2023 at 12:22pm
Restrictions: None
That One Flaw!
Prompt: Flaws
What are some of the flaws that annoy you the most that you see in other people or in yourself?


----------

Before I talk about other people's flaws, I'll pick on the one flaw I have that bugs me the most. Although it may not seem serious enough, it becomes serious to me once the flaw grabs me and doesn't let me go.

That flaw is ""Having a bee in one's bonnet" as the idiomatic expressing so aptly conveys. Something disturbing--be it a very tiny problem or a mountainous idea or event--gets me obsessed with it and I don't rest until I deal with it in some way. No matter how I try to suppress it, it springs up a lot inside my mind, and its distraction is persistent and annoying. I get obsessed with it to the detriment of my mood, which I think I can hide well enough so no one around me notices the severity of it, but it isn't good for my general well-being.

They say this is good for artists and writers so they get the work done and it encourages most people toward a positive change. I'm not sure about that, as the idea whirling inside my head constantly has nothing to do with passion or dedication. Worse yet, this kind of a fixation doesn't go away easily, until I've solved the problem once and for all.

As to the other people's flaws, I can always make excuses for them for I don't live inside them. After all, who knows what causes a trouble in someone else's mind and personality!

.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055950-That-One-Flaw