*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055985-Volare
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1055985 added September 20, 2023 at 11:10am
Restrictions: None
Volare
Prompt: National One Hit Wonder Day. Write about one hit wonder songs you like for your Blog entry today.

------------

So funny, I didn't even know what "One-Hit wonder songs" was. Since I am an oldie, once upon a time, I kind of liked the oldies, some of those the younger set won't even know about. Still, no song ever plays inside my head over and over, as some people claim they experience.

During my high school years, "Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu," also known simply as "Volare," became a sudden hit. It is an Italian song heard worldwide since its release in 1958. It was written by Domenico Modugno and and Franco Migliacci, and sung by Modugno.

"Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu," translates to "In the Blue Painted Blue" in English, and it's commonly referred to as "Volare," which means "to fly." The essence of the song is a celebration of the joy and freedom of flying. Where I flew inside my mind or where anyone else flew inside their minds is highly personal. *Wink* This may be because the melody is catchy and uplifting and the lyrics point at a sense of freedom and exhilaration.

An internet search brought this info about the song: "The song was initially written as an entry for the 1958 Sanremo Music Festival and it won first place, which afterwards, became a worldwide wonder. Domenico Modugno's rendition reached the number one spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States, making him the first Italian artist to achieve such a feat. It also won two Grammy Awards in 1959 for Record of the Year and Song of the Year."

Then, I am even suspecting it may have influenced the moon landings and space exploration, later on. Am I being too presumptious? Maybe, but the song still deserves applause for its worldwide fame.

.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1055985-Volare