*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056541-September-2023-Watch-List
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#1056541 added October 2, 2023 at 1:03am
Restrictions: None
September 2023 Watch List
To qualify for my Watch List every month, the following has to be something that I've watched that's new to me. It doesn't necessarily have to be a current show, but it can't be reruns or rewatches of something I've already seen. So if I'm including it in this list, it means this month is the first time I've watched it. I'll put "DNF" (Did Not Finish) next to anything that I stopped watching and have no immediate plans to finish.


Movies

         *Bullet* Benji (2018)
         *Bullet* Heart of Stone
         *Bullet* Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
         *Bullet* The Out-Laws


Television

         *Bullet* Ahsoka (Season 1)
         *Bullet* Billions (Season 2)
         *Bullet* Special Ops: Lioness (Season 1)


None of the movies I watched this month were any good. Heart of Stone was an okay action/thriller but ultimately not very original or terribly exciting, and The Out-Laws had some potential as a comedy but really went for predictable, lowest-common-denominator humor and fell pretty flat as a result.

The television shows, on the other hand, were all good in their own way. The second season of Billions was just as good as the first, if not a little better because the characters were familiar and it was fun to see them grow (or not) in their own ways and butt heads with one another. Special Ops: Lioness had a really lame first episode, but subsequent episodes really picked up and it ended up being a really well-done show. As much as Taylor Sheridan annoys me, the man knows how to write compelling television. *Wink* And Ahsoka was a pleasant surprise. After some pretty lame recent movies and television series, the Star Wars franchise has really found its footing again, first with Andor and most recently with Ahsoka. It got me excited to watch Star Wars again, and to watch the Star Wars Rebels animated series that this series is a sequel to. I'll write more about the plot once I watch those, because it's one of my favorite Star Wars stories and I want to see how it unfolds.


TOP PICK: Ahsoka

© Copyright 2023 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056541-September-2023-Watch-List