*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056572-October
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1056572 added October 2, 2023 at 10:40am
Restrictions: None
October
“The trees are in their autumn beauty, The woodland paths are dry, Under the October twilight the water Mirrors a still sky.”
William Butler Yeats
What do you think of October in general and what do you expect from October 2023?


------------

To me, October means relief from the scorching heat of summer and the beauty of nature at its most colorful best. It is the month that means transitional beauty. October is when the beauty of autumn with a rich array of colors and textures, cooler temperatures, and the sense of anticipation for what is to come takes hold.

October is also a month of harvest, of festivals, apple picking and pumpkin patches. Then, of course, the most iconic symbol for October is Halloween, here in the USA. With Halloween comes trick or treating, a lot of candy, parties, and horror movie marathons. In the sports world various competitions take place such as the Major League Baseball's World Series. In Canada, I believe, Thanksgiving is celebrated in October.

I don't know what we can expect from a month, any month that is. Life does what life wants, no matter what we expect from it.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056572-October