*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056671-For-Merit-Badge-Magic---Halloween-Theme-1---531-words
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1056671 added October 3, 2023 at 1:17pm
Restrictions: None
For Merit Badge Magic - Halloween Theme 1 - 531 words
Halloween is a time of transition to me. Summer is over, school is in session and the Holidays are right around the corner. Of course, you have to celebrate with a party, so why not Halloween?

My (now ex-)boyfriend's favorite holiday to celebrate is Halloween. We wanted to have a Halloween party for his friends, and went all out. We made green Jello shots for the party as well as a load of appetizers for hungry people. Candy corn, rice Krispie treats. BBQ sausages in a crockpot, chips and salsa and cheese dip. We also made caramel apple slices. I even stretched it out to include a veggie tray with ranch dressing. Sodas, iced tea and assorted alcoholic beverages were made available as well. Nobody was going to leave hungry if they didn't want to.

We found some cool purple and white lights from Home Depot, as well as some skeletons of various sizes to decorate the entry doorway. Spooky music was a must, so I let George arrange the music to be had for the evening. I was busy setting out cobwebs, bats, skeletons and a cauldron for the ambiance. I'm glad we had the weekend to prepare, as I don't think I've ever gone out for decorating - I like decorating for Christmas, and this was nothing compared to the Halloween party we were going to be giving *Mindblown* ).

After checking and double checking the lights and music and what-all, we decided to dress as pirates for the party. George had a full beard, and a costume that brings to mind Captain Barbosa from Pirates of the Caribbean. I went for a little bit plainer costume, with a striped shirt and a short black skirt with fish stocking style tights. I also added a handkerchief around my head as well.

Our house had a large basement that housed the sound system and a pool table and a ping-pong table for those who would want to enjoy themselves that way. I decorated the staircase to the basement with spiders and cobwebs and the purple/white lights. The house was a sight to behold. At least, we were happy with it.

The night of the party was intense. The house was quite crowded with ghosts and ghouls and all manner of costumers. Food was eaten, drinks were downed and the music was loud. I had quite the time moving around, and George seemed to be in his element. I was happy for him, as he had wanted to have a party for quite some time. I was happy to help him achieve that goal.

I'd say overall, that the party was a success. There was a lot of clean up, and since I was working, it took me probably a week to get the house back to "normal". But overall, I'd say it was worth it. I guess I remember the party more for the preparation and cooking, as that was my area of doing. Would I want to do this again? Probably not, as Halloween isn't really my thing. I'm more of a Christmas kind of gal, but when I was in the middle of it, the party was fun.


531 words

signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056671-For-Merit-Badge-Magic---Halloween-Theme-1---531-words