*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056780-TUYC---on-excessiveness
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2278909
Just things that I think about now and then.
#1056780 added October 5, 2023 at 4:33am
Restrictions: None
TUYC - on excessiveness
prayer prompt
Pray for those traveling internationally.

blog prompt
What do you think the Bible has to say about excessiveness?



Ephesians 5:18
And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit

2 Timothy 3:1-4
But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God


1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

James 1:14
But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

James 4:1
Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members?

Revelation 3:14-18
"And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, "These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, "I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing"—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.


https://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/library/verses/id/3462/excess-verses.htm


The Bible warns of taking things to excess. Whether it be money, drink, eating or what manner of living one participates in. We are cautioned to be vigilant, to do things in moderation, or to even exclude them from our lives lest it become a cause for stumbling.

Galatians 5:22-24. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.





signature updated by lili_in_fl

© Copyright 2023 AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - (UN: ajar0627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
AmyJo- only 2 steps behind - has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056780-TUYC---on-excessiveness