*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056748-Not-Just-Wolves
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1056748 added October 4, 2023 at 3:11pm
Restrictions: None
Not Just Wolves
I just read a suggestion for a skunk merit badge and this is what stars running amuck in my head:

Many years back in a county far far away, a friend of mine went for a walk in the deep north woods. He was good at walking in the woods, but this day a heavy fog moved in, and he lost his way. He wandered for hours and it was starting to get dark, so in a panic, he started yelling and running.

Luckily, he saw light in the distance. He continued yelling and running, now towards the light. But, just as soon as the light showed up, it was gone again. In despair, he dropped to the ground and as he fell, brushed something hairy! He couldn't stop his descent and landed hard on some kind of animal that bit into his thigh before scurrying off into the underbrush.

Bruised, bleeding, and beaten, he just lay there listening to his heart thumping. But then he heard another sound, a rumbling in the distance. "Oh great! Just what I need, a storm!"

But it wasn't thunder, it was a very loud pickup truck and it was getting closer. He got up and stumbled in the darkness and soon saw lights coming closer. He was at the edge of the woods and near a road.

To keep the story short, he was picked up and brought to the hospital, had a few stitches, and was able to go home. Everything was fine at first, but by the end of the month, he was feeling strange. He began to like the smell of garbage and sometimes found himself outside at night, buck-naked, eating out of garbage cans.

He was ashamed and didn't say anything at first, but as it continued to get worse, he returned to the hospital thinking maybe he had rabies. The night he went was also a full moon, and just as he arrived, something happened that few will believe. He fell to his hands and knees and began to transform.

His arms became covered in black fur, his eyes turned black and he had a snout instead of a mouth. A crowd gathered around as he continued to change. Within minutes, my friend was gone. In his place was some kind of cross between a man and a skunk; he was a wereskunk!

He snarled at the crowd and spun around, his tattered and torn clothing falling off. His tail came up and a ghastly spray shot out and covered everyone with skunk spray, then he bolted for the woods and has never been seen again.

Some folks say that on a full moon, he can still be seen out at the landfill eating trash...

A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1056748-Not-Just-Wolves