*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057114-Happiness
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1057114 added October 10, 2023 at 10:15am
Restrictions: None
Happiness
Prompt: People and happiness
“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
Marcel Proust
Which kinds of people make you happy? And/or does your happiness depend on other people?


-------

Happiness is a difficult subject to write about because to be constantly, deliriously happy seems to be an over-the-top idea to me, especially in this world of ours where there is always something disturbing and someone who is miserable. On the other hand, external influences should not determine anyone's overall well-being, as real contentment can live inside a person and does not/should not come from the outside.

Yet, it is also true that some people have the knack to make others happier, be it for a short while. Such people are usually empathetic and have the ability to connect with others on an emotional level. Having the presence of such a person may bring comfort to any distressed human being.

Also, optimists and positive thinkers tend to see the bright side of things even in challenging situations, making their positive outlook infectious. In addition, kinder people who are generous with their time and resources can create positivity in others. Some people are also good listeners, especially when they listen to others' troubles without judgment or unwanted advice. Most of the time, supportive friends and family can be reliable sources of emotional assistance when one really needs someone else to hold his or her hand.

In my case, when it involves my own happier feelings, having a sense of control over my own emotions and my own well-being should be my own business. Expecting others to hold my hand when I am down is unrealistic, and it can put undue pressure on my loved ones. If only for that reason, self-reliance is the way to go. Personal growth, positive thoughts, and true awareness of the status quo can always help anyone toward internal happiness. In short, the way I see it, true and sustainable happiness always comes from within.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057114-Happiness