*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057190-Recurring-Dreams
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1057190 added October 11, 2023 at 12:24pm
Restrictions: None
Recurring Dreams
Prompt: I am always having dreams that I lose my purse, my car gets stolen and my cat who is an indoor cat, is outside with me and runs off. I would like to hear about your dreams like this. Write about this in your Blog entry today.

-------------

This prompt by Megan made me smile. Yes, I think, at one time or another, we all have recurring dreams. Recurring dreams are fascinating, enigmatic, and sometimes problematic to the degree that even the seasoned therapists can't solve them.

Here is a page that addresses the issue of recurring dreams as far as Americans are concerned:
https://amerisleep.com/blog/americas-common-recurring-dreams/

In my case, I've had recurring dreams at certain points in my life. For example during my early 20s and 30s I used to lose my shoes or my clothes in public. Lol! I don't know what brought those dreams on! The thing was, they repeated only in certain stages of my life, and eventually, they faded away.

Then, later on, when my sons were young, I kept dreaming I was chasing some wild animals in our backyard. If this wasn't symbolism, I don't know what is! *Rolling*

I've also had very strong flying dreams for a very long time. In them, I went everywhere, and once, even to the end regions of the universe, which was very dangerous and someone warned me to get away from there. Now, what was that about?

Interpreting the meaning of recurring dreams can be complex as they are highly individualized. They could be about unresolved issues, facing tough decisions, conflicts, or exams, or just plain stress and anxiety. Whatever they are in their essence, I bet for us dreamers, they are symbols of something or other.

Luckily, nowadays, I don't dream as much and the only dream that recurred a few times during this last year, to the best of my memory, is the one in which I keep cleaning after somebody else's mess. One of them was a huge hill of unneeded stuff. Does that stuff belong to me or to the others around me is up for speculation, but I am known among my friends and family to clean up after others' emotional messes. Probably, in that dream, some of that messy stuff belonged to me, too.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057190-Recurring-Dreams