*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057378-On-Writing-duringThese-Times
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1057378 added October 14, 2023 at 12:17pm
Restrictions: None
On Writing duringThese Times
Prompt:
Use these words in your entry today: circumvent, gullible, voracity, timeless, upstyle and writing. Have fun!

-------------

Words are the backbone of communication, a powerful tool to inform, persuade, and express. Thus, writing is an art that uses words as its medium. The voracity of our present information age, however, poses challenges, requiring writers to circumvent pitfalls and engage a potentially gullible readers.

In the same vein, writing has been used as a timeless skill from the earliest cave paintings to the modern blog posts, and in order to survive today's new challenges, the writers need to upstyle their approaches to cater to a changing audience.

The way I see it, truth is always the way to go. Misleading, false information, unresearched or badly researched facts, and no fact-checking may have dire consequences, be it for a professional journalist or a casual blogger.

Then, do we even consider who reads what we write? If we don't, we should, for this is why today's readers have shorter attention spans. Yet, who can blame them when they are bombarded with a constant stream of iffy content! The remedy can be found in telling the truth, even when writing fiction, and using engaging and accessible language, breaking down complex ideas into digestible portions, and keeping the work concise.

Also, it is important to keep in mind the basic principles of writing, such as clarity, coherence, and the ability to evoke emotions and spark critical thinking. Since the world is becoming more and more interconnected, we writers must adapt to the new but still stay within the limits of the principles of age-old good writing practices.


.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1057378-On-Writing-duringThese-Times